Frequently Asked Questions
Waxing is the fastest, most efficient method of temporary hair removal. Waxing over a long period of time causes a thinning and lessening of hair regrowth and extends the period of time between waxing treatments. To get the best waxing results possible, please consider the following:
Be sure to exfoliate prior to your waxing treatment
Waxing may be uncomfortable, but if you are concerned you may take an anti-inflammatory, such as Advil, 30 minutes prior to your appointment
Drinking caffeine can increase pain of waxing, as it stimulates the nervous system
Always stay well hydrated
Is It Going To Hurt?
Honestly, waxing isn't the most comfortable, but as you continue to wax regularly and avoid shaving in between, the hair thins out and hurts less. Also, I have found a technique that helps make your wax less painful.
Can I Get waxed while on my period?
Absolutely! As long as you are wearing a clean tampon.
How long should i let my hair grow before my brazilian wax, or first wax?
If this is your first time being waxed and you are planning a trip or getting married, it is not recommend to get waxed a few days before. Try to come in for two to three waxes before your event, this way you can get your hair closer on the same cycle and you'll have better results!
How Long will my wax last and what are hair growth cycles?
How long your wax lasts really depends. Hair grows on different cycles and it really is different for each person. When you shave, hair does not grow back on the same cycle, so after your first wax you may see shaved hair come through the skin a few days after. After a few waxes, hair will thin out and grow in slower. For your first wax, don't have super high expectations for smooth skin, as time goes on waxing regularly, all the hair will start to grow in at the same time. And it is well worth it!!!
Can I Tan after being waxed?
Don’t expose waxed areas to the sun for a week in order to avoid redness or hyper-pigmentation. However, airbrush tanning after waxing is totally fine.
How Often Should I wax?
It depends on your hair growth, but a good time frame is 3-4 weeks for body services and 2 weeks for face services.
How long do I wait to wax after my chemical peel?
I take accutane, can I wax?
Discontinue Accutane 6 months before waxing
What should I avoid after my wax?
To avoid irritations: Do not exercise or soak in a bathtub, hot tub, or pool for 24 hours after a wax.
I use Retinol products, can I still wax?
On the areas that you use retinol products on, discontinue use for 7 days before coming in to get waxed.
Why get a chemical peels?
If you want healthier, smoother looking skin, now there’s a way to dramatically improve your complexion, in just one day! Chemical Peels help to reduce the depth of surface lines, smooth rough skin texture, treat skin discoloration and redness, and assist in clearing acne/blemished skin. PCA Skin professional strength treatments contain combinations of naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), retinol and trichloroacetic acid that will loosen dead cells from the skin’s surface, revealing new, healthy cells.
What do you get? Glowing skin!
What should I expect?
PCA SKIN Peels typically cause little to no discomfort, minimal visible exfoliation, and your skin will be glowing and healthy looking following the treatment. Our wide range of peels offer benefits for all skin types - even the most sensitive. At 3BWaxing we will choose the formula best suited for your skin. While PCA SKIN peel do effectively treat all skin concerns, they are also great options for maintaining skin health and help to prevent visible damage.
There is little to no downtime whatsoever with PCA chemical peels. You can actually receive a peel on your lunch hour and return to work. You will be shinny and possibly show signs of redness but it will not stop you from doing what you need to do.
What are the benefits of a PCA Chemical Peel?
- Create skin that is more youthful and fresh
- Decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten dull skin
- Shrink pore size
- Reduce the appearance of freckles, liver spots, age spots and scarring
- Even skin tone and pigmentation
- Thickens up thinning skin
- Creates glowing, dewy and refreshed new skin
- Allows better penetration of your skin care products, because the buildup of dead skin will be removed
- Controls oil production and decreases breakouts
Will I peel for a long time?
Everyone’s experience will be different. However, on an average, you will see flaking by day two or three following the treatment. It is possible to see flaking for up to five or six days.
IIsn't a Glycolic Treatment The Same?
Glycolic acid peels will dehydrate skin and make pores larger after extended use. PCA uses lactic and citric acids which are skin-friendly because they are natural constituents of your skin. PCA peels are unique because they are moisturizing and hydrating and leave your skin fresh, soft and supple, the way it wants to be!
After receiving your chemical peel, you may experience some light flaking in a few localized areas for up to five days and slight redness for one to twelve hours. Although you may or may not actually "peel" during the first one or two treatments, you will probably experience slight exfoliation and your skin will feel tight and pulled. Patients should always follow the Home Care Regimen sheet provided by their technician, but the following post-treatment tips are also recommended to maximize the benefits to your skin:
- Do not apply any medications following treatment not recommended by your technician, including AHA products.
- It is ideal to let the skin stabilize and rest overnight, but mineral makeup can be applied following the treatment if absolutely necessary.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use your PCA Hydrator Plus (SPF 30) or Protecting Hydrator (SPF 30), Weightless Protection (SPF 45) or Perfecting Protection (SPF 30) for daily sunscreen protection.
- Do no pick at or pull on any loosening or exfoliating skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Home use of Pigment Gel® is recommended twice a day to continue lightening hyperpigmented areas.
- Do NOT go to a tanning booth for a least three weeks before or after a treatment.
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A®/Renova® or Differin® for seven days after treatment.
- Do not have electrolysis, collagen injections, Botox, threading,facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately seven days after treatment.
- Do not schedule another treatment until your technician advises you to do so.
FOR TWO DAYS FOLLOWING:
- Do not apply ice or water to the treated areas.
- Do not put the face directly into a hot shower spray. Do not use Jacuzzis, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming or participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use Buff-Puff’s or other means of mechanical exfoliation.- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.- Stay cool! Getting heated internally can cause hyper-pigmentation.